Friday 20 September 2013

Mind my Fashion


If I told a friend I was writing a post about fashion, they would probably look at me in a quizzical nature. Yes dears, I am not the most stylish mannequin in the shop, but I do enjoy fashion. There is a difference, I promise.I enjoy the seeing trends change from one season to the next, the brands, the speculations, fashion week and boy do I love the awards season. You will most definitely find me jumping from site to site shouting "what the hell is THAT?" The one thing that always has me curious is who is the all seeing all knowing fashion God who looks into their crystal ball and sees the next up and coming fashion trend? Do they have a secret cave from which they work out of and then proceed to send fashionable carrier pigeons to Milan, France and London to break the news on what's hot?
Sorry I digressed for a moment. What this post is really about is personal, comfortable style. My favourite people aren't the ones who are completely styled from head to toe pulling out Vogue Italia's top 5 fashion Do's of the day. My favourite people are those who can take the most simple item and just make it their own. Show me your ways oh naturally awesome ones!
So before I bore you with my idea of awesome, let me show you some looks and specific items that I feel are quintessential to making simple, awesome or just are really amazing.

Boyfriend jeans







And on the 8th day, God created boyfriend jeans so that all shapes and sizes could look effortlessly extraordinary while being extremely comfortable, a combination not normally affiliated with jeans. I really love these jeans because there are so many ways you can wear them: Casual laid back. Pair them with a pair of heels and a blazer and they are more classy/formal for a work or dinner situation. I would recommend that everyone have a pair somewhere in their wardrobe.

Maxi dresses/skirts




These ladies happiness due to the sheer ease in which they can move as well as how relaxed Maxis make one feel is almost palpable. Again, Maxi dresses and skirts can be worn in so many ways. They never go out of fashion, which saves you the stress of keeping up to date with fashion God in his cave. Again they are also good for all shapes and sizes and even though they are so long they are fairly "ventilated".

Rings and Things
















"MY PRECIOUS!", That is my general relationship with accessories. You can never have too many accessories in your cupboard. Or at least that's what I try to convince myself every time I come home with another obscure piece of jewelry that I had convinced myself I NEEDED. I think a really playful ring or bracelet can make any simple outfit seem so much more lively I quite enjoy when people can wear a lot of rings or bracelets but not have them overpower their outfit or loo like they couldn't make a decision on just one. For this I say "well done, you win fashion for me".

So as you can see I am very into flowey attire, I think Cape Town may or may not have had an influence on this. There are so many people around this city and even campus that just have the right idea. I hope this inspires you to have a think about your personal style or what specific items you enjoy.
Happy Friday grasshoppers
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love your writing style , seriously puts me in a happy mood !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Terri on this one,been #grinning like a fool since I opened this blog. I have always had the same question about Fashion-God-in-a-cave thing- like who decides. Now, about the boyfriend jeans if you find a shop that sells them at a student-budget friendly prices please inform us (readers)



    #I'LLBEBACK

    ReplyDelete